Modafinil tablets are indicated to improve wakefulness in adult patients with excessive sleepiness associated with narcolepsy, obstructive sleep apnea (OSA), or shift work disorder (SWD)
Dosage in Shift Work Disorder (SWD) :
- The recommended dosage of Modafinil for patients with SWD is 200 mg taken orally once a day as a single dose approximately 1-hour prior to the start of their work shift.
- Dosage Modifications in Patients with Severe Hepatic Impairment
- In patients with severe hepatic impairment, the dosage of Modafinil should be reduced to one-half of that recommended for patients with normal hepatic function[see Use in Specific Populations (8.6) and Clinical Pharmacology (12.3)].
Use in Geriatric Patients : Consideration should be given to the use of lower doses and close monitoring in geriatric patients [see Use in Specific Populations (8.5)].
Dosage Forms and Strengths :
- 100 mg - White to off-white, capsule shaped uncoated tablets, debossed with "1072" on one side and plain on the other side.
- 200 mg - White to off-white, capsule shaped uncoated scored tablet, debossed with "10" & "73" on either side of scoreline on one side and plain on other side.